Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

An Exciting Illness Update!

So I know since I posted yesterday about my possible ear infection that you all would be curious for an update.


I went to the doctor today and I do not have an ear infection.  Instead, I have a sinus infection!  Apparently in both of my nasal area sinuses although one is much worse than the other.  The left side was so infected and swollen it was causing my eardrum to bulge out thus causing the symptoms (pain and pressure, dizziness, nausea and yucky discharge) that made me think I actually had an ear infection.  Good.  Times.


So now I have antibiotics and nasal spray (which I detest but will use in order to feel better) and a follow up appointment since the doctor said the infection is so bad they're not sure if one course of antibiotics is going to cut it.  Plus, the virus that is going around that I had is turning into such bad bacterial infections that a lot of people are requiring two courses of antibiotics.  More.  Good.  Times.


Seems like I always have something at almost exactly this time of year that requires antibiotics.  Last year it was my cat bite.  The year before it was a urinary tract infection.  Annual.  Good.  Times.


Hope you are all managing to stay healthy and I am excited for the official start of hockey season.  Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment