Search This Blog

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cucumbers are the Enemy

We eat dinner early on the weekends.  Like, really early.  It's more a combination lunch/dinner than dinner (which I've always wondered - should it be called linner?  or dunch?).  At any rate, we've already eaten as of the time of this post and I now feel like junk!


I made a delicious meatloaf (1 lb ground turkey, cut up onion, crushed up rice Chex, pepper, season salt and ketchup) and to go along with it steamed broccoli, salad and, with all the cucumbers I had from my Bountiful Basket last week I decided to make cucumber and onion salad (cut up the cucumbers and a vadalia onion and marinated them in a dressing of white vinegar, sugar and pepper).


We ate while watching American Horror Story (which, only three episodes in to the first season, is pretty messed up - I likely will write something here about it at some point) and everything tasted delicious.


Now I feel terrible, though.  And I'm sure it's the cucumbers.  See you can pickle the heck out of them and I can eat a ton but fresh?  Always have made me feel terrible.  I tell people I don't like the taste simply because it's easier than this diva mentality but honestly I don't mind the taste it's just every time I eat them fresh I feel like I'm going to lose everything I ate and that feeling can last a very long time.


So yuck to this.  I'm supposed to go out tonight to a friend's and hope I feel better in time.


Stupid cucumbers.  I will not make the mistake of eating you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment