Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

My Fitness Pal

Inspired at work today during a walk by my friend Stephanie, I decided I would download an app onto my phone called My Fitness Pal.


It's an interesting app where you can keep a food diary that helps keep you within a calorie goal each day (for if you want to lose, gain or maintain weight) and takes into account any exercise you do.  I've entered what I've had so far for the day and was extremely unsurprised to see that, while I am still below my calorie goal, I am already over my daily allotment of sugar (as it tracks such things as this, also).  I was interested to see that my one 8 oz cup of Yoplait Blueberry yogurt had more sugar in it than 5 mini Heath bars!!  5 MINI HEATH BARS which is seriously like a full candy bar equivalent.


I love sugar and know it will be my downfall with this thing.  I hate sugar-free anything.  Of course, I could refrain from eating 5 mini Heath bars but I also sorely lack in self control at times.


I'll try and give updates from time to time on what I continue to think of the app but at this point I think it is pretty nifty.  Oh - and if you are using it feel free to join my friend circle so we can inspire one another!  I am sarah_k0426.

No comments:

Post a Comment